Telepules Beregszasz

From Hungary car out of the House of Nyiregyhaza 41-inch main road can be reached in Beregsurány – Asztély at border crossing station. The arriving by train should cross the border at Záhony and the stud Uzhhorod – to travel on the railway line Királyháza Beregszász (45 kilometers). Some flights only train plying bundle, therefore, there must be transferred to board a commuter flight. Uzhgorod leads through the city – Mukachevo – Vynohradiv – Khust – Tyachiv – Rakhiv road vehicle.

Beregszász north-east and south-east from the volcanic mountain range surrounds. The highest point of the Big Mountain at an altitude of 362 meters.

Beregszász actually lies on the border between mountains and the Great Plains, it is already plain southwest, which can only be broken down to smaller hills in some places.

Beregszasz VERK channel crossed by linking the Borzsa Latorca and rivers. Water depth is regulated Borzsa built a sluice.

Beregszász moderate continental climate, winter -12 degrees Celsius on the thermometer rarely sinks deeper, higher than 30-34 degrees Celsius in summer. The prevailing wind direction is north-west. However, since Beregszász surrounded by mountains, calm wind conditions typical of the city, high winds are rare.

Few country in the world that has fallen over the centuries, through many vicissitudes, system changes, such as the Rural Bereg.

Here it was established the first settlement of their border crossing-pass Veretsky Hungarians. Many times ravaged the Tartars, Turks, Poles destroyed, Labanc, Romanians, Czechs, Russians. This region was the cradle of the Rákóczi uprising. Bereg Sad belonging to the November 15, 1918, to the Austro-Hungarian Empire first came under Romanian and Czechoslovak occupation after World War II, and the Trianon peace treaty attached to the Czechoslovak Republic. November 9, 1938, was returned to Hungary after the Second War again briefly belonged to the Czechoslovak Republic, but 1945 is attached to Soviet Ukraine on June 29.

Beregszász – Prince Lampert, Queen Elizabeth, Bethlen Gábor, Esze Tamás, city Rákóczi Ferenc – despite these vicissitudes Hungary has always been and still is.

Beregszász number of inhabitants according to data from the 2001 census claims to 26 050 people, of which 12 779 Hungarian nationality.

Beregszász won in May 2002 back to the old bell, that after Uzhgorod, Mukachevo and Hust became the fourth county rank town of Transcarpathia, which means that you may own a modest income, not subordinated to the district council after decades of struggle. (Since then, it received the rank of county town team).

in each case the city in the 36-member city council decides. The mayor’s elections require a title in four years with the municipal elections. In March 2006, the President of UMDSZ, Gajdos Istvánnak vote of confidence

The city council will take care of schools, kindergartens, cultural institutions, utilities maintenance, streets, squares, etc. Sort of. Most of the problems of the city’s public works completion, repair and maintenance of existing utilities caused by the necessary financial means, unfortunately, Transcarpathia: Cities – Street view is very limited. For the time being it is not possible to complete the city plumbing and sewerage network deployment, most of the streets are still not public utilities combined. Causing serious problems in the neighborhoods disorder, to improve rental housing, water, gas and sewer system maintenance expansion.

The City Council awarded each year Beregszász aa Honorary Citizen title and the Pro-Urbe fees.

our walk in the city is best to start with the heroes. Changed names several times during the nineteenth centuries. from the beginning of the century called market-space, as it was in the market. It was the scene of many historic events, many researchers believe that Esze Tamás demolished the flag Kuruc uprising in May 1703. 22, not today’s Rákóczi Square, but in this field since the day it was fair there.
November 9, 1938 was adopted in the field of Beregszasz citizens of Hungarian soldiers were occupying.
1941 Kossuth called Beregszász representative body on July 13 on the ground and passed a resolution setting up the fallen heroes of the First World War memorial. (This can be found in the historic site More).
In spring 1945, the monument was demolished along with the country’s flag holder obeliszkkel, the material used to construct the fallen soldiers of the 138th Infantry Division memorial. June 17, 1945, the inauguration took place. Pedestal fallen around 13 Soviet soldiers are buried.

The former Lion tavern
on the corner of the Heroes’ Square and Mukachevo street from the former Lion inn grand old building. In July 1847, staying at about 12 to 13 during the night Petőfi Sándor; He wrote in hot noon poem.

Starting from the former Lion guest artist will get through the border Verk stone bridge in the Rákóczi square, which was the city’s history, many notable events in the scene.
Broke out in this area is supposed to Rákóczi uprising flag Esze Tamás, the “sole holders” leader. Preserved the memory of this event inaugurated the post office wall plaque (Ortutay Zsuzsa frequency).
Received letters available to Rákóczi square-mailed, sent his mail from Kölcsey Ferenc, author of Anthem. Emléktábláján placed in the post office building of the last line of the poem read by Huszt ‘. Hass, Create, Grow and home revealed’
The Rákóczi Square several historical buildings, monuments stand, get acquainted with them more closely.

The Roman Catholic church
has three naves Roman Catholic parish church standing on the right bank of the founders of Verka likely to XII. Century II. It was introduced by Geza Saxons. However, only some of which the church, beyond today’s North Gate built corbel remained. In Transcarpathia invading Mongols in 1241 it was set on fire and destroyed.

The Bethlen Castle,
next to the Roman Catholic Church Bethlen Castle Beregszász one of the oldest and most beautiful buildings. Check with kőtáblájáról in eastern façade that Bethlen Gábor, Prince of Transylvania was built in 1629.
After the regime of Beregszászi Finishing School was placed in it. In 2002, several rooms assigned to the building’s side entrance on the right wing for the Beregszász regional museum (director Sepa János). The museum we recommend to our guests’ attention.

The former Bereg County Casino
is the former Bereg County Casino is an impressive building of the Rákóczi square.
May 2003 saw the building to repair, roof replacement, roof installation space. Even in the summer of this year, it re-opens in the Golden Peacock Restaurant, guests from other lands are converted to book a room in the attic.

Petőfi Sándor statue
stands in front of the statue of Petőfi Sándor former Bereg County Casino. The white stone statue standing pedestal (sculptor Körösényi Tamás Budapest) depicts the poet in a pose, as on July 13, 1847 afternoon, his arms stretched forward admired the Gothic-style Roman Catholic church, which commemorated separately XIV wrote soggy. útilevelében ( “Beregszász ordinary market town, there’s Gothic church …”).
Körösényi Tamás sculptor originally erected the statue in a low mound, trying to get closer to the shape of the poet to the people. But one night Vandals damaged the statue, breaking his right arm in a iron bars threw themselves. The offender received an exemplary punishment for his crime. The statue was repaired, the poet’s arm soldered into place, but so that a thin strip indicate the location of the fracture, reminding Beregszasz Hungarians to Petofi statue should safeguard all circumstances. The statue was an approximately 1-meter pedestal.
Every year on January 1, Petofi birthday coming here to beregszásziak up to pay their tribute before the great Hungarian poet and revolutionary memory is a flower. Here it is held the 15 March celebrations as well.

Beregszász most beautiful, most atmospheric streets of publication Hungary. Were not built on a gray, monotonous apartment blocks, gaudy, ostentatious colors painted bars, the street is still a fact, such as the nineteenth century. It was the end of the century. Once called Trench street then became the name of Attila utca. It received its present name in 1945. However, the Hungarians still Beregszasz consistently called Attila street.